I knew I was not going to get a lot of writing done in these months due to coursework and exams and I was pretty right. Not much really happened but I'll just note down the main writings events:
- My children's fantasy is still something I'm working on. I've sort of moved on from the planning and am more in the writing stages which is good since I've been working on the project for such a long time. But the plot keeps changing and I keep changing details so it's hard to write since I keep scribbling bits out.
- Currently, I don't think I'll be finishing this novel anytime in the next year but I hope to finish it sometime in the future. I will finish it one day but I don't think it will be today.
- My children's/YA fairytale is going okay at the moment. I'm still planning but it's quite exciting and I hope to finish it within a year. It might take a bit longer though.
- My YA is now fully in Dumped mode. I haven't gotten rid of it but I don't have much passion for it and I don't want to continue with something that I don't truly love. I still know what happens through the entire series though so it doesn't feel like I've not told the story.
- Inkpop. Goodbye my dear friend. For those who don't know, Inkpop was a website for teens to upload their writing and get feedback and you'd get the chance to get a review from the scumbags HarperCollins. They didn't give us much notice and told us 3 days before, after they'd revealed outside the website that they would sell Inkpop to Figment. I feel somewhat betrayed but I think I'm going to do okay. Life goes on and I'm not spending vast amounts of time on the internet anymore.
So yeah, that's what January and February were like for me. Not much in the way of writing but at least my illness has somewhat taken a backseat now and I can focus on college work and my writing.
Here's to hoping March is a better month!
How has your 2012 been so far?
Happy writings people!