Thursday, 9 February 2012

When The Central Heating Breaks Down

I think this must happen to everybody in winter every year. It's annoying but it seems like it happens to us every year. 

So the heating isn't working since it was leaking fluid and was shut down since the liquid was dangerous or something. So it's going to be -3 C tonight and we have no heating.

It's a good thing I'm a girl and therefore have a hair dryer that can keep me somewhat warm. When I go to bed tonight though, I'm going to get in after heating up my blankets with my hair dryer lol! It will keep me toasty enough until I fall asleep.

Another way I'm keeping warm is by drinking lots of tea. Now I've had a lot of anxiety attacks in the past couple of weeks but I need this tea or I'm going to get cold very quickly.

I've also got a hoodie on but that with my nose stud is making me look somewhat like a chav. I won't be going out with the hoodie on lol!

I'm going to finish my homework really quickly so I can get into bed with my (warm) laptop and write for the rest of the evening!

It's a good thing the boilerman is coming back tomorrow morning to fix the heating! It's going to be -8 C tomorrow night haha!

Kamille

10 comments:

  1. I HATE being cold! That would kill me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it but I appreciate not freezing to death haha!

      Delete
  2. Not a pleasant situation, but you'll make it through with all your preparations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I always make sure I can get through times like these! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. LOL Good luck staying warm... I consume a lot of coffee and tea in the winter too. This usually means that I spend a LOT more time peeing than normal. I've considered moving the TV into the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ahahaha! Lol! Same here! It doesn't help that the bathroom is the coldest room in the house!

      I've taken my laptop to the toilet with me at times. A bit gross but I did have it on a mini coffee table. It's just I was dying my hair and so was confined to the toilet for about half an hour!

      Delete
  4. Oh that's not good, especially when it's freezing... stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's back now so I'm not suffering anymore! :D

      Delete
  5. Aw, that sucks when the heat stops working! At least you know some tricks to stay warm....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a message! I'd love to hear from you :D