Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day - The Most Unromantic Day Of The Year

from blog.girlybubble.com

 Yeah it's February 14th again. The most unromantic day of the year.

Why?

Well there are two reasons why.

1) I'm single.
2) This is the 8th anniversary of the day I had my first period.

The first one is something I can deal with. The second is just plain suckish. I can never think of Valentine's Day in a romantic context. In fact, I think of crying in the bathroom and clutching a hot water bottle every time I think of this cursed day.

There's nothing romantic about it for me. I hate this day. A lot.

My friends used to joke about it and it was not funny. It made me the butt of a lot of jokes. It's also just annoying that red is the colour of blood and the colour of Valentine's Day. That just makes it a great deal worse.

Urgh. And the first thing I saw when I woke up? A Valentine's Day movie on television.

:(

I'll do my best to avoid this day. Please just be over quickly!

Kamille

4 comments:

  1. I never associated menstruation with Valentines Day, but I guess it makes sense.

    I don't care for Valentines Day either, although I always buy my wife a card. To me, it's just a lot of merchandising hoopla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people won't associate the two because they haven't gone through both. I meanwhile have to grin when someone decides to joke about it. And then my face goes red, talk about shoving it in my face.

      That's nice. It is. And most teens celebrate it with a new person every year or two (no joke although I do know some teens who have been with the same person for an impressive 5 or 6 years).

      Delete
  2. I like Valentine's Day, which makes me feel weird since everyone I know hates it, but I can't help it. I have fun drawing cutesy art of couples in my books whenever this holiday comes around. XD

    I can understand why you don't like Valentine's Day, though. Yikes! At least it's over now...heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It is a cute holiday.

      Yeah but something tells me it's gonna come back next year!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a message! I'd love to hear from you :D