Wednesday, 29 February 2012

I've Been Tagged

I guess the title pretty much explains it.

So apparently these are the rules:

The Tag rules:
1. You post the rules!
2. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag five (it's a neat number!) people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

1. What did you hide from your parents? - A lot of things. I'm not big on telling my parents my secrets. Would get into trouble. I did once hide from my mum that I was melting my crayons against the radiator though. She made a huge fuss and couldn't figure out who it was.
2. Who are your heroes? - My mum. My sister. JK Rowling.
3. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done on a dare? - I don't really remember. I did once get egged on by some friends to sniff some chemicals in chemistry. I felt so woozy I needed to go outside for fresh air.
4. Do you think you are hard on yourself? - Definitely. I try not to be though.
5.  What's your favorite flavor of ice cream and why? - Vanilla. It's plain and doesn't have any messy bits in it. Tastes nice too.
6. What is your longest grudge? - These boys who bullied me pretty badly once. I would still happily kick them in their private regions if I met them.
7. What is your greatest talent? - Writing. It's my only talent. I used to be really good at maths though. Does that count?
8.  Why do people like you? - Dunno. Seriously.
9. How do you know when it's safe to trust someone? - When I don't feel defensive all the time. I'm not extremely trusting of people but when I can talk to someone and they pay attention, I know they're safe.
10. What person in your family would you like to travel back in time to meet? - My maternal grandmother. She was severely ill while my mum was pregnant with me. I was born 10 weeks premature so I had to stay in NICU for a month. When I left, my mum was packing to get me on a plane to Pakistan so she could meet me. She died a day after I left hospital. I've never met any of my grandparents which is something that has always saddened me.
11. What were the last three books you bought? - Ooh! They're all textbooks. But reading books - Beautiful Creatures(Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl), A Jodi Picoult book and Spider Bones (Kathy Reichs).


So here are the people I'm tagging:

Jessica from Jessica Love Writes
Richard from Writing and Living by Richard P. Hughes
Miss Cole from Miss Cole Seeks Publisher
Heather from Edgy Author
Sareh from Birds of a Writer

Here are your questions!

1) When was the first time you travelled away from home?
2) Did you ever dream of the ground eating you?
3) What's the best meal you can cook?
4) Have you ever met an author?
5) How cool was meeting that author?
6) What is your secret ambition?
7) Who is the scariest person you have stood up to?
8) Have you ever tasted sea water?
9) What's your favourite song and why?
10) Blogging or Writing?

:)

Kamille

10 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for the tag. I'll definitely answer those questions and pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. K. Rowling, lol. What writer doesn't have her on the list? Oh and I'm pretty sure you're more talented than you think. Plus writing shouldn't be discounted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She inspires me more because no matter what was happening in her life, she continued to write. Her determination is what got her the success she has. And her success is pretty admirable too!

      Delete
  3. :) When I was 7, I was taunting my little sister who was in the top bunk in our room, and she fell out and broke her arm. I never told that it was my fault, and I felt guilty about it for years. Finally, when I was 16, I 'fessed up and my mom said, "Oh, I knew that."

    I was appalled! I asked her, "MOM! I've felt guilty for 9 YEARS! Why didn't you tell me???"

    And her answer was: "I didn't want you to feel bad."

    lol Always tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I did that once but dared my brother to climb a ladder instead. He had a fracture in his leg but it didn't hold him back because he's around 6'3. lol!

      Mums always know stuff we think they don't know. I think they're just psychic.

      Aw bless! That's so lovely of your mum!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tag! Hopefully I won't forget to get around to this. I can be terrible at remembering memes sometimes!

    I'm so jealous that you're good at math. That subject was always the death of me in school!

    And aww, you've never met any of your grandparents? That's so sad! :(

    I have Beautiful Creatures in my TBR pile! A friend rec'd it to me, so hopefully it's good....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      Its okay! Please don't feel obliged to!

      Lol! I used to be. Now, I'm too lazy to really care but yeah, I can still do the arithmetic stuff really well.

      Nope. It's okay. If there is a heaven, I hope to meet them there.

      Um. Yeah. Lol. Have fun with Beautiful Creatures. And remember that Ethan is a boy when you're reading it. He sounds like a 40 year old woman!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tag! I'll answer the questions here :)

    1) When was the first time you travelled away from home?

    Alone? 2003. I went to the USA :)

    2) Did you ever dream of the ground eating you?

    Yikes, no!

    3) What's the best meal you can cook?

    Eeeer... I cannot cook ^^;

    4) Have you ever met an author?

    Actually had to think about this one! Yes. We had a children's author come to a nursery I used to work at... but I tooootally cannot remember her name.

    5) How cool was meeting that author?

    Not very. For someone who wrote books for the under 5's she was incredibly bad with children.

    6) What is your secret ambition?

    Well, if I told you, it'd no longer be secret ;)

    7) Who is the scariest person you have stood up to?

    He's not scary now, but a bully I had in year 8. I scared him so bad he never dared try anything again :P

    8) Have you ever tasted sea water?

    Oh yeah. Nasty. If you live in Brighton, there's no way you haven't had that baaaaad experience in the summer.

    9) What's your favourite song and why?

    Wonderwall by Oasis. Reminds me of many happy things :)

    10) Blogging or Writing?

    Writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol at number 5! I love kids. That's why I write for them. Did she assume she'd get rich writing for kids then?

      Aw I'm sorry about your bully!

      Ew. No offense but Brighton, along with nearly every British beach, has really disgusting sea water!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a message! I'd love to hear from you :D