Picture from http://msradcliff.rsu11.wikispaces.net/
I had originally planned to do this for every month but forgot about it so this post is going to focus on mostly November and December and a little about 2011 as a whole.
So here is November and December:
- I've somehow ventured back to my YA Paranormal novel and did some work on it but promptly put it to the side to complete college coursework. I also developed the idea for another YA Paranormal series which will require extensive planning so I've started making notes for that project.
- In November, I discovered that writing late at night was no longer working for me. I've found that I tend to work much better from about 2pm to 9pm and after that, I get tired and just want to sleep.
- My Children's fantasy has started to stall probably because I feel like I'm not experienced enough to write about it yet.
- Sometime in late December, I developed an odd interest in the writing habits of other writers and their processes. I'm also interested in reading about writer's and their lives and have no idea why. It's becoming quite obsessive. It's also contributing to me wasting a lot of time.
- My illness (Hidradenitis Supportativa) made the actual writing quite difficult because I was either ill or struggling to catch up with work I had fallen behind with.
- I began to really take my writing seriously and have created a deadline for myself. I need a finished manuscript by the end of August 2012 and it doesn't matter what the genre is.
Here is a summary of 2011:
- I began writing children's fiction again.
- I stopped writing on the computer and began working my mojo longhand since I focus better when writing on paper.
- I started blogging properly and actually making an effort with my posts.
- I stepped away from YA for a bit.
- I wrote a dystopic piece of fiction for a college class and got an A for it! I don't like dystopic fiction though.
- I told a friend I'm a writer. Turns out, she's a writer too!
So how was your year? Was it as productive as you'd hoped? What is your outlook for this year?
I'd love to know so feel free to leave a comment!