Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I probably spelt that wrong. Oh well.

So anyone who reads this blog on a regular basis will have picked up on the fact that there haven't been many posts recently. It wasn't so much as my laziness that explains it but the fact that I've been ill and the title explains it. And the the post will explain this.

I haven't been officially diagnosed yet but that is what the doctors suspect I have. It's a disease that results in chronic and recurring boils under the skin that progresses and is quite painful. It tends to flare up at time and since November, I've been getting them pretty bad. And with a busy college schedule, this blog has had to take a back seat.

I started getting these boils soon after I got my first period and found myself getting new ones as time went on. Most of them would vanish after a week or two and some of them would burst and leak pus and blood. Fortunately, that stuff doesn't smell bad so I know it isn't an infection.

I've gone through some pretty awful flare ups over time and it's very painful but doctors seem to be reluctant to give me painkillers. They assume paracetamol will do the trick but it doesn't. I've been in so much pain at times that I've seriously wanted to just die.

It's incurable and difficult to treat. Surgery helps get rid of them in some areas but they can come back which sucks.

I won't specify where I get them but they have pretty much ruined my life and I often have to cancel events and stuff because I can't get out of bed.

I hope that there will be a cure one day but if there isn't then I just hope that I can soon find respite. And since it can be passed on to children, I think I'll be adopting. There isn't anything wrong with adopting and I will adopt some children but I only worry that I may get pregnant one day and since I don't believe in abortion unless in extreme scenarios, I worry that I may cause pain to my future child.

But for now, I guess I have to just deal with it. It also means I get to read a lot since I'm stuck at home for a few days every month or two.

But yeah, this is why I've not updated. It's not that I've forgotten.

To add to my health problems though, I've just found a bump like a balloon on my back. 2011 has not been a good year for me has it?

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kamille that sounds awful! I really hope they find something to help you!

    I'm thinking I will adopt too, but not for health reasons. There are just so many kids already out there, I might as well get one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *HUGS* That's horrible! I'm so sorry you have to deal with something like this. I can easily see how the pain of it would get in the way of regular life. I'll hope along with you that a cure is discovered someday, since no one should have to put up with such pain....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kelley. Thanks. I really hope so too!

    I know. I don't understand why people want so many of their own kids when we already have a large number of them who desperately need a home and live in the most horrible conditions imaginable.

    @ Heather. Thanks! *hugs back* The sad thing is that a lot of my cousins and one of my brothers has the same condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh I am so sorry to hear this! Health problems are so difficult to deal with, and it sounds like you have really suffered. I'm amazed that you are still able to keep a blog, keep at your writing, and go to school. That shows such admirable persistence. Be well and get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I'll admit that I could be doing better.

    I hope so too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of this disease, but it sounds terrible. I hope the researchers are working hard on this and find a treatment or cure soon. I'll say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DR OBOITE herbal medicine is a good remedy for HS disease cure.
    I was cured recently by one man from Africa DR OBOITE,A friend of mine introduced me to him i contacted him, and he treat me an cured my HS disease permanently, It's still a surprised to me because all my hope was gone, so i decided to testify his goodness to everyone, So if you have any diseases like this,HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS C VIRUS/HERPES VIRUS/GENITAL WART/ ALS/ COPD, or any diseases he can cure it and is a humble and truthful man. You can write DR OBOITE through mail: droboiteherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him with his telephone number +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a message! I'd love to hear from you :D