While summer fades away, awesome winter comes into the picture. I think I have this obsession with winter because I dream of the cold. I dream of waking up one day and finding snow falling heavily. I dream of waking up and finding a thick layer of frost on the ground. But most of all, I love breathing in air so cold, your throat tickles.
I probably need to get some help.
But I guess we can assume that I am madly in love with winter. In fact, I always feel crushed when temperatures begin to rise and the sun is up for longer than it should, in my opinion.
So here are my reasons for loving winter so much:
- I get to sit inside and drink warm cups of tea, while disillusioned adults run down the streets outside to get back home from the train station. I know this sounds really mean and yeah, I really am such a horrible person. But I always love being comfortable in front of the TV or my laptop, with a warm mug of tea while it's freezing cold outside and knowing that the adults who look down on teenagers like me are suffering! haha! No, I'm just kidding. I like being cosy and it's a bit hard to be cosy when it's so humid, a bird decides to make a nest in your hair.
- TV is so much better in Winter. I really don't understand why but TV shows are better in Winter. And the best thing is the Doctor Who Christmas Special. I swear we should have one every day! and then there are the awesome Christmas time movies you get to watch with a plate of pasta and a fizzy drink.
- Rain. I love it. I also love sleeping in my warm bed when it's raining pretty badly outside.
- Snow. I don't actually love playing in it as much as I probably should. This is how a snow day goes for me:
- Wake up
- See snow
- Go back to bed because I know college is closed and nothing is better than being able to sleep in and knowing that due to the mess that the UK gets itself into every Winter, college will be closed for the next two day too!
- The freezing cold weather kills off all the bugs and the spiders. And I HATE them.
You might be wondering why I'm so obsessed with the weather. My answer: I'm British and we Brits are completely and utterly in love with talking/complaining about the weather.
Unfortunately, the weather has been a bit warm here for a while. Hopefully, the snow is coming soon! Fingers crossed for enough snow to make a snowman but not so much the roads come to a standstill.